Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mandala Workbook

Hello All,

My newest book, The Mandala Workbook, grew out of experiences I had with a group of friends who came to my Plum Blossom Studio in Decatur (Atlanta), Georgia, each month. All during 2007 I wrote and sent a monthly letter to my friends. It included a description of the stage we would be exploring, a short story that conveyed the qualities of the stage, and some suggestions for mandalas that we could create during our monthly gathering.

When we got together we talked about how our month had been, and our thoughts about the stage we were focusing on. Some folks shared poems they had written--or discovered--about the stage. I had fun coming up with theme-centered refreshments. For example, we had lots of fresh cherries for an early meeting which focused on a stage reminiscent of early childhood and life's sweetness and abundance. For a group when we explored a stage aligned with adolescent issues, and a "black and white" view of life, we had vanilla flavored sugar cookies with chocolate icing on half of the cookie. We created lots of mandalas together that year. When I learn how to put pictures on my blog, I'll share some of them. with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment